The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Nothing beats a one pan dinner, especially when it’s filling to eat and full of flavor! This easy weeknight meal combines Heinen’s fresh, lean ground beef, signature grill seasoning, potato gnocchi and sharp cheddar for the ultimate cheeseburger in a skillet! Think of it like a fresh spin on the boxed hamburger pasta kit . We’re simplifying the ingredient list and swapping the traditional macaroni noodles for pillowy gnocchi. Look for Heinen’s Potato Gnocchi near the other dried pastas. To save time (and limit unnecessary dishes), this recipe calls for simmering the uncooked gnocchi right in the sauce, no boiling necessary.
I opted for Heinen’s 92% lean ground beef for this recipe, but you can use any of their ground beef varieties. If you choose a variety with higher fat, you may want to drain off any excess after browning.
- 1 lb. Heinen’s 92% lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic signature grill seasoning
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. can Heinen’s organic tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz. can low-sodium beef broth
- 16 oz. package Heinen’s potato gnocchi
- 1 cup Heinen’s shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2-3 small tomatoes, chopped
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium heat until just cooked through, 3-4 minutes, crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the seasonings and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce and broth and bring to a simmer. Fold in the gnocchi and reduce heat to medium low.
- Continue to simmer for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi are cooked through and the sauce thickens.
- Stir in cheese and mix until well-combined.
- Remove from heat and top with green onions and chopped tomato.