When it comes to produce, it’s all about freshness!
We take sourcing seriously. Our assortment must meet our high-quality standards and offer you something new to discover each time you shop, which is why you’ll always see fruits and veggies and unique items that are hand-picked by our experts.
We know that trying something new can be intimidating, but with the right information, these unfamiliar finds might just become your new favorite!
Check out our seasonal Fresh Discoveries!
- Locally grown in Ohio
- Beloved for its delicate, edible skin
- Features a creamy, sweet yellow flesh
- Great source of potassium and dietary fiber
- Belongs to the same family as yellow summer squash and zucchini, although it is commonly categorized as a winter squash
- Extremely versatile, it can be stuffed and baked, steamed, roasted or sautéed
- To prepare, slice it in half and scoop out the seeds
- Seeds can be roasted, similarly to pumpkin seeds
- Can be stored for up to 3 months in a cool, dry place
- Avoid refrigeration
- Berries that resemble the look and taste of kiwis but are the size of a plump blackberry, kumquat or grape
- Has smooth hairless skin
- High in nutritional value from vitamins C,E,A B6, folate and potassium
- Best eaten out of hand, featured on charcuterie boards or served on top of angel food cake
- Can be enjoyed upon purchase or stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Grown on orchards in New Zealand
- Characterized by its ruby red flesh and berry sweet flavor
- The latest kiwi variant to come through Zespri’s world-leading kiwifruit breeding program, in partnership with Plant & Food Research
- Undergone an extensive trial process, ensuring each fruit is of the highest quality
- Contains antioxidants, such as anthocyanins, that are naturally occurring pigments within the fruit, which provides its red color
- Research has shown that anthocyanins can contribute to improved mood and wellbeing
- Must be handled with care due to delicate skin and soft flesh
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat
- If too firm, place on the counter to ripen
Bagged Purple Potatoes
- Recognized by a thin purple skin that does not need peeled
- Similar in taste to regular Russet potatoes
- Creamy in texture and rich in flavor
- Taste delicious baked, broiled, mashed or fried
- Look for a firm, well-shaped, fairly smooth exterior when purchasing
- Avoid any potatoes that show signs of sprouting wilting, wrinkling or decaying
- Store in a cool, well-ventilated area rather than refrigerating
Explore More Fresh Discoveries
Check out some of our out of season fresh discoveries to get an idea of what you can expect when they come back in season! These are some of our favorite produce items!