We want to ensure we answer your questions and explain how we’re serving our customers, associates, suppliers and communities. The information we’ve provided is based on what we know today and may be updated during this rapidly changing situation.
Is Heinen’s requiring face coverings?
In compliance with the Ohio Governor’s order, customers are required to wear a face covering while shopping in our stores. This requirement does not apply to children under 10 years of age, those communicating with a hearing-impaired person, or those who are not able to medically tolerate a mask or face covering.
Face coverings are also required for Heinen’s associates and partners such as vendors, contractors and Instacart shoppers.
In compliance with the Illinois Governor’s order, customers are required to wear a face covering while shopping in our stores. This requirement applies to individuals over the age of two who are able to medically tolerate a mask or face covering. Face coverings are required for Heinen’s associates and partners such as vendors, contractors and Instacart shoppers.
Our Commitment to Serving our Customers
Will Heinen’s open earlier or close later?
We have temporarily modified our hours at every Heinen’s location to 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday. All locations will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
Will Heinen’s offer special hours for seniors or immunocompromised individuals?
We would like to respectfully ask you to help us provide a special window between 8 and 9 a.m. every day for seniors or those who may be immunocompromised to shop first. We ask everyone else to please consider shopping with us after 9 a.m. We recognize everyone has different circumstances. But we hope we can work together as neighbors in our communities to honor this request. We appreciate your understanding and support.
Health and Safety
What is Heinen’s doing to ensure the health and safety of its customers and associates?
- All self-service food stations will be closed until further notice, including the salad, olive and hot soup bars, as well as self-serve bakery stations.
- Alll seating and café areas are now closed to customer use.
- Wine and beer by the glass and kombucha on tap may not be available at this time. Please check with your local store.
- Growlers of beer are now available at all locations.* To protect the health and safety of our customers and associates, all growler sales require the purchase of a new growler. Previously purchased growlers may not be re-filled at this time.
*Excludes Middleburg Heights.
- Out of respect for our associates and other customers, we ask that you please practice social distancing while shopping in our stores.
- We are reinforcing our already stringent sanitation efforts in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facility and main office.
- We are working closely with local health departments and will deep clean and sanitize our stores as recommended.
- We are asking associates to stay home if they feel unwell and are supporting them financially to enable this.
- For the safety and protection of our customers and associates, we are temporarily suspending the use of reusable bags.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at our registers.
How is Heinen’s enforcing social distancing in its stores?
We have posted signs and floor markings to encourage the practice of social distancing, consistent with the recommendations from the governors of Illinois and Ohio.
How is Heinen’s supporting its associates?
We are also temporarily modifying our hours at every location to help provide some relief to our associates, who are working tirelessly to sanitize, restock shelves and provide the top-notch service you expect from Heinen’s.
Will Heinen’s continue to have classes and events?
We are canceling all customer events of any size until further notice.
Will Heinen’s continue to have food and beverage sampling in the store?
We have stopped all product demonstrations until further notice, including demonstrations by Heinen’s associates and external vendors.
Does Heinen’s offer contactless payment?
Yes, we accept more than 30 forms of contactless payment. From Apple Pay to Google Pay, it’s easier than ever to purchase your groceries touch-free. Learn more here.
Store Occupancy Limits (Ohio Only)
Will Heinen’s be limiting the number of customers allowed in a store?
To further ensure the safety of our customers and associates, all Heinen’s locations in Ohio will be limiting the number of customers in our stores at one time. The number permitted will vary based on the size of the store. In addition, there will be one designated point of entrance/exit at each store.
When are you receiving more product?
We are working with our suppliers to replenish product as quickly as possible. We have no reason to expect long-term shortages for the vast majority of our products, but we may experience sporadic product shortages.
What is Heinen’s doing to ensure product availability?
We have implemented temporary purchase limits on high-demand products. Look for signage in-store for specific quantity restrictions.
Will Heinen’s be offering rain checks?
To allow us to focus on the health and safety of our customers, we will not be offering rain checks until further notice.
Is Heinen’s currently accepting returns?
To mitigate risk, we will not be accepting returns or issuing refunds at this time. All sales are final.