What is Wagyu Beef?
You can find the best-cut Wagyu beef in your local Heinen’s Meat Department. Check out our other favorite unique items by clicking here.
What is Wagyu? Wagyu is a Japanese beef cattle breed. Wa meaning Japanese, and gyu meaning cow.
- Raised on Ohio family farms
- Authentic Japanese Wagyu genetics
- All vegetarian diet
- No added hormones or antibiotics
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids
Recommended Cooking Method:
- Keep seasoning minimal – just a little salt & pepper.
- Sear both sides in a preheated skillet over high heat. (1-2 minutes per side)
- Transfer seared steak on skillet to 350F oven. (Ideally served medium-rare / about 6-7 minutes)
- Remove steak from oven and let rest for 5 minutes – Enjoy!
Wagyu Steak Sandwich
What do you do with Wagyu? While many people reserve this premium cut of beef for special occasions, you might be surprised to learn that it can easily be layered on toasty Heinen’s steak rolls with roasted peppers, crumbled goat cheese and Heinen’s premade pesto for a gourmet sandwich.
Wagyu Steak Diane
If you’re looking for a meal that screams romance, look no further than this Steak Diane.